When you purchase an air curtain from our Superior series, you benefit from optimum convenience of use. The components, such as the front panel, the heating battery and the fans, have been developed so that you as user don’t have to worry about them. Time-intensive weekly or monthly maintenance is not necessary. The discharge opening is equipped with a special pressure chamber jet system that produces up to 30% energy savings compared to conventional fin discharge systems. This modern system also produces an even, stable airflow. The discharge opening has continuously variable settings from 30 degrees inwards to 30 degrees outwards.
Wall or ceiling mounted in plain view with air intake top and bottom.
For mounting in plain sight or for recessing into a suspended ceiling, with visible bottom and air intake from below.
Built-in above the suspended ceiling, with just the air intake and discharge opening visible and with air intake from below.
High quality and a five-year guarantee
All NHS air curtains comply with the highest quality standards. When you purchase an air curtain you receive a five-year guarantee.
For every door width and up to a door height of 3,20 metres
Whether you have a small or a wide door; you can create an effective air curtain for every door width. The four length sizes are easy to combine. For door heights of up to 3.20 metres air curtains are available in two different capacities. In most cases, an air curtain is installed horizontally. Vertical
installation is also an option, for example if the door is very tall.
Horizontal air curtains are easy to mount with M8 stud fixings or wall brackets that can be ordered separately. Vertical air curtains are supplied with consoles for fixing to the floor or on top of each other. Due to the risk of tilting, it is important to anchor the top air curtain to the wall or the ceiling.
Heating and cooling methods
Good to know!
An air curtain with a heat pump is the most energy-efficient heating method. It is approximately 73% more efficient than an air curtain with electric heating.
The energy costs of an electric air curtain are around 53% higher than those of an air curtain that works on the basis of hot water from a central-heating boiler.
With manual operation you select the speed of the airflow. However, there is a chance that your air curtain does not operate properly in line with the conditions at that time. The air that you have heated or cooled may still flow away through doors and entrances.
- Five settings for the airflow speed.
- Three settings for the heating capacity of an electric air curtain.
- Summer-winter function (230 V) with control by a magnetic valve or pump.
- You can use one control to control several air curtains. Convenient for large and wide entrances where several air curtains are required.
- Partial or full integration into a building-management system or retail scheme. For example, switch the air curtain on or off through the building-management system or operate it with a 0-10 V signal.
Automatic or semi-automatic
Do you want to be sure of the correct settings? You prefer not to worry about your air curtain? NHS Luchtgordijnen has developed an innovative control – automatic or semi-automatic depending on the accessories you choose. It is a complete control system, suitable for all types of air curtains – from hot water and electric to hybrid and unheated. Depending on your choice of air curtain and accessories, different additional functions are available.
Additional functions (accessories):
- To be used with an outside temperature sensor. On the basis of the outside temperature, the control automatically determines the correct setting. An air curtain is only used when it is really necessary.
- To be connected to a door contact or sensor, which ensures that an air curtain only works when the door is opened or when movement is detected. After an adjustable period of time, it is switched off automatically.
- To be used with an integrated or external room thermostat. A water-heated air curtain requires a magnetic valve for this purpose. With automatic control of the heat supply and the room temperature, ensuring the room temperature remains constant.
- Control with fully integrated control of heat pump and air curtain, in function of the chosen heat pump. This can be in our control or in the control of the heat-pump manufacturer.
- Frost-protection thermostat in case of partial outside air intake to prevent the heating battery from freezing.
- With a timer, the air curtain switches on or off automatically.