The sustainable heat pump that is connected to the Superior DX air curtains uses ambient heat, which ensures reduced CO2 emissions compared to other systems. You don’t need a gas connection or a central-heating boiler either. Due to the inverter technology of the heat pump you enjoy a constant discharge temperature. The discharge opening is equipped with a special pressure chamber jet system that produces up to 30% energy savings compared to conventional fin discharge systems. This modern system also produces an even, stable airflow. The discharge opening has continuously variable settings from 30 degrees inwards to 30 degrees outwards.
Wall or ceiling mounted in plain view with air intake top and bottom.
Superior DX GVP
For mounting in plain sight or for recessing into a suspended ceiling, with visible bottom and air intake from below.
Superior DX BVP
Built-in above the suspended ceiling, with just the air intake and discharge opening visible and with air intake from below.
Highly reliable, little maintenance
We believe it is important that you can rely 100% on our air curtains. During the production of Superior DX air curtains we only use A-quality components. You also have a standard five year guarantee on your air curtain.
For doors up to 3,20 metres tall and of any width
You can create an effective air curtain for any door width. The four length sizes are easy to combine. For door heights of up to 3.20 metres air curtains are available in two different capacities.
Easy to connect and to mount
The air curtains are easy to mount to the wall with M8 stud fixings or with brackets that can be ordered separately. A Superior DX air curtain is easy to connect with the built-in communication module between the air curtain and the heat pump and the built-in condensation water pump (optional). It goes without saying that you can always count on our comprehensive support.
Your Superior DX air curtain can also be equipped with a state-of-the-art bypass system. During the inevitable defrosting cycle of the heat pump, this creates a pleasant airflow in winter, without needing to supply extra energy.
Good to know!
An air curtain with a heat pump is the most energy-efficient heating method. It is approximately 73% more efficient than an air curtain with electric heating.
The energy costs of an electric air curtain are around 53% higher than those of an air curtain that works on the basis of hot water from a central-heating boiler.
With manual operation you select the speed of the airflow. However, there is a chance that your air curtain does not operate properly in line with the conditions at that time. The air that you have heated or cooled may still flow away through doors and entrances.
- Five settings for the airflow speed.
- Summer-winter function (230 V) with control by an external heat pump.
- You can use one control to control several air curtains. Convenient for large and wide entrances where several air curtains are required.
- Partial or full integration into a building-management system or retail scheme. For example, switch the air curtain on or off through the building-management system or operate it with a 0-10 V signal.
Automatic or semi-automatic
Do you want to be sure of the correct settings? You prefer not to worry about your air curtain? NHS Luchtgordijnen has developed an innovative control – automatic or semi-automatic depending on the accessories you choose. It is a complete control system, suitable for all types of air curtains – from hot water and electric to hybrid and unheated. Depending on your choice of air curtain and accessories, different additional functions are available.
Additional functions (accessories):
- To be used with an outside temperature sensor. On the basis of the outside temperature, the control automatically determines the correct setting. An air curtain is only used when it is really necessary.
- To be connected to a door contact or sensor, which ensures that an air curtain only works when the door is opened or when movement is detected. After an adjustable period of time, it is switched off automatically.
- To be used with an integrated or external room thermostat. A water-heated air curtain requires a magnetic valve for this purpose. With automatic control of the heat supply and the room temperature, ensuring the room temperature remains constant.
- Control with fully integrated control of heat pump and air curtain, in function of the chosen heat pump. This can be in our control or in the control of the heat-pump manufacturer.
- Frost-protection thermostat in case of partial outside air intake to prevent the heating battery from freezing.
- With a timer, the air curtain switches on or off automatically.